How it works?
Grab a hammer, become a chef, capture life
with a camera & rediscover the wheel...
How it Works:
A five day kids program for age 5 to 11.
Based on 40 children attending.
Participants will be placed into four crews of ten kids by age (developmental, as well as chronological age will be considered).
4 projects (Monday-Thursday)
Day 5 (Friday) is a day of celebration where family and community members are invited to celebrate the accomplishments of the week.
One group completes one project each day, and each group rotates through all four projects.
What is experienced:
- The importance of one another’s stories.
- Healthy living habits and good nutrition.
- Team work
- Life and vocational skills (discovery and accomplishment)
- Managing graffiti and the need for self expression
- Each persons value and importance in a community, even if you’re five.
- How to overcome attention difficulties and deficits.
- The difference between internal vs. external stimulus
- Community dynamics are lived out through the structure of the program.
- Inter-generational relationships are formed, which last a life time.
- Respect is given and therefore earned.
- A genuine sense of community is developed and sustained.
- Barriers are broken down between age, race, religion, and socioeconomic status.